Do superpowers exist?
Wim hof, ‘dutch daredevil’ amazes and leaves scientist speechless through his unexplainable actions and outstanding mindset. He has set 26 world records from the longest ice bath to climbing Mount Kilimanjaro in his shorts! The real question we are all looking for is, how did he do it?
In this article I will reveal the Wim Hof method which allowed him to complete such difficult tasks. I know what you are thinking, “when am I ever going to climb the mountain in my PJ’s and blah blah”. Well…NO! Surprisingly there are a number of benefits that come alongside from doing this method.
The Wim Hof Method is designed to conditions your immune system allowing your body to adapt to any situations. Could be for when you are feeling stress, sick or in a situation of exposure to a harsh environment. But wait, I didn’t get to the good bit, literally anyone can learn and use this method.
Very little percentage of the global population focus improving their breathing. Something as little as controlling your breathing can impact your mood and energy levels for the day.
Exposing your body to a cold environment can condition your mental and physiology state.
This is a challenge. A challenge which you must embrace and stick to. You will come across stepbacks but be prepared.”If you can look up, you can get up” – Eric Thomas
Reminder: do not strain yourself when doing the breathing exercise
Method – Breathing Exercise/Stretch/Cold Shower
- Sit in a comfortable cross-legged position
- Take deep breathes, 20-30 cycles
- On the last cycle, breathe out as possible and hold for 15 seconds
- Inhale as much as possible and hold for 15 seconds; do not strain yourself
- Take a break for a couple of minutes and repeat this two more times.
- Do yoga poses which allows you to feel a good stretch (ideally do a full body stretch)
- Take a shower, however, towards the end of your shower, change the temperature so that it is cold and stay in this cold environment for approximately 30-60 seconds.
- Alkalizing the system
- Immune system strengthens
- Boosts energy levels
- Better recovery
- Improve focus and concentration
- Better sleep
- Improvement in blood circulation
Reference – http://www.livingflow.net/wim-hof-method/
What have you got to lose, seriously? Try it as an experiment and let me know in the comments your opinion on this method.
Want your ideas to be heard?
Email me your article and it will be published on BlogSpot – firstname.lastname@example.org